About Me

My photo
I accomplish the challenges thrown my way! :)

September 17, 2009

Butter Pecan Owl Cupcakes


 So I got this great idea of making owl cupcakes courtesy of Ezra Pound CakeI couldn't resist so I had to try! I do not have the time to be making the cupcakes from scratch so I use store bought ready made mixes, however I do make my own butter cream!


Here is the recipe that I use:


1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine softened
4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)

1 teaspoon of clear vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
Makes: About 3 cups of icing.


You must first mix the vegetable shortening, and butter together. Once they are mixed add the vanilla extract. I mix on medium speed until well blended. I then mix in the sifted confectioners sugar 1 cup at a time. Once all of that is mixed in is when I add the milk and depending on the consistency you are trying to reach add more or less!
To make it into chocolate butter cream you add 3/4 cup of sifted cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment